Hornady ELD Match Bullets Polymer Tip Boat Tail
Conventional polymer tips in high BC bullets melt in flight. Hornady engineers discovered that conventional bullet tip materials in streamlined, high BC bullets melt and deform. Although not a significant issue affecting moderate BC conventional tipped varmint and hunting bullets, aerodynamic heating causes BC reduction and degradation of accuracy, particularly at extended ranges (400 yds +). To counter this effect, Hornady identified a heat resistant polymer and developed the patent pending Heat Shield tip. This revolutionary new tip creates the perfect meplat (tip) with exceptionally consistent results from bullet-to-bullet and lot-to-lot.
The Heat Shield tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to provide a perfect meplat (tip) that is always the same shape. A streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design, plus the highly concentric AMP bullet jackets, combined with the patent pending Heat Shield tip creates a supremely accurate, high BC match bullet. ELD-Match bullet BCs are measured with Doppler radar and corrected to standard atmospheric conditions.
- Heat Shield Tip forms the perfect meplat
- No tip deformation from aerodynamic heating
- Extremely low drag bullet profile delivers high ballistic coefficients
- Swaged lead core provided uniformity and balance
- AMP jacket design for optimum concentricity and accuracy
- Boxes of 50: Manufacturer packaging
- Boxes of 100: Manufacturer packaging
- Boxes of 500: Bulk packaging
- Boxes of 1000: Bulk packaging
- Boxes of 2000: Bulk packaging
- Boxes of 2700: Bulk packaging
- Boxes of 3500: Bulk packaging
There are no reviews yet.